Sunday, July 12, 2009

Miscellaneous Ramblings...

Lots of stuff has gone on since my last post so I'll recap with some miscellaneous ramblings.

We opened our new santuary at church today. It's pretty awesome. We had close to 300 people at church today and we filled up the place. Pretty soon the youth get to move into the old santuary and we are super pumped about that. It will be such a blessing to have a bigger spot for Wednesday nights.

Malachi went to a bunch of doctors last week. 3 appointments in two days. Nothing new, more tests. This morning though he had the worst diaper I have ever experienced. It stunk up the whole house, was all over the crib and himself, and I am such a good dad I was the one who cleaned up the mess. Literally I almost threw up.

Put the contacts back in this morning. Way sooner than the doctor ordered but I'm young and healthy right? I'm sure the infection is gone, right? So far no redness. Tomorrow morning will be the test. Pray that they keep white and not red. I HATE wearing glasses.

Yes, I watched Michael Jackson's funeral on Tuesday. Actually watched part at work and then watched the rest taped that night at home. I have mixed views on the whole situation as far as making that big of deal out of someone and all the other stuff in the news. Bottom line, Michael Jackson was an extremely talented muscian, that can't be denied.

The all H20 is having mixed results. The one thing I am totally proud of though in the last three weeks I've had one diet coke and can proudly say I've broken the diet coke addiction. Drinking a lot of H20, lot of ice tea, and a few other low calories drinks, mainly Crystal Light.

Tomorrow I'm faithfully starting a new eating plan. I have a goal weight that I want to be at by December 31st. Probably around 30 lbs to lose, I'll do a weigh in tomorrow. I think I can do it and losing it that slowly is probably the best way to do it vs all real quick. I am running a 1/2 marathon again in October and plan to faithfully train for that so hopefully that helps as well. Still playing basketball on Monday nights and softball on Tuesday nights and that helps a lot. I really dreaded being 30, fat and bald. When I turned thirty I was overweight and balding. I can come to grips with being 30, going bald is not the end of the world, but I really want to lose some weight.

Leah talks to everyone. Today at church while waiting to get our food she pointed to an older gentleman and said "Your bald". I wanted to vanish. Then the other day at a resturant she pointed to a girl in a cowboy hat and said "Cowboy? Cowboy?" I'm sure she'll provide plenty of those moments.

Malachi is starting to get the hang of taking steps. He's not walking yet but has taken a step or two. I think in a week we'll be there.

Leah is ALMOST potty trained. Just one accident the past few days. I'll be glad when this stage is done.

I've gone back and forth on Sarah Palin. I've come to the conclusion that I can respect her decision and I think she might be a player on the national stage in 2012. I still think she's too polarizing to be the nominee but she will have a voice in the party. I almost think I would vote for her if I had to chose now.

Lots of rambling, maybe I'll be a more faithful blogger in the future, maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment