Monday, August 17, 2009

I haven't quit blogging...really...

It's just that I've found other ways to keep the very small number of people who care what I do on a daily basis updated. Those ways are facebook and twitter. Also it seems like I never have time to sit down and write what is really on my mind. I have a ton of half written posts that will probably never make it to the blog because they are old news now.

Things are going great for us. We are staying busy but it's with good stuff. We had our Disciple Now weekend at church this past week. It was an incredible weekend. Our youth group and entire church never cease to amaze me. Our guest speaker for the weekend was awesome. It's someone I first heard about seven years ago and at that time it was clear he was blessed by God with the ability to speak. He still has that incredible gift today. It was great for the kids to hear him speak and great for me to just sit back and take it all in. It was great.

Things are starting to get busy at work but that's a good thing right? Job security? I'm doing things at work now that I love doing and that makes it fun. I also love the people and the place I work at. I told a friend the other night I have never had a job that I didn't like. Somehow whever I work I always manage to have a good time. I think there's a way to have fun and get the work done. I like to think I'm a master of that balance but what do I know.

P90x isn't going as well as planned but it is going. Last week during one of the videos I honestly felt like I tore an ab muscle. I'm sure it's nothing more than a strain but up until today it has really hurt. It's better today so I'm hoping to get back on the bandwagon tomorrow. It would also help if Malachi would sleep through the night. He's off the bottle which is a nice but now he likes to wake up about three o'clock in the morning and he does NOT have the ability to put himself back to sleep. Leah was so good at that and we have been so spoiled.

Now that DNow is over it's time to complete the college application to go back next year....I took a practice GMAT test, the test required to get into graduate school and didn't get as high as I would have liked so I'm going to study just a little for that.

Supposedly Dr. Nietzel is getting ready to make a major announcement about the future of Missouri State University. There are small rumblings it could be a law school...I really hope not...if that were true I honestly think I would quit my job and go to law school...law school has always been my dream but I love Springfield too much to move away...am I crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment