Wednesday, June 3, 2009

2 Days and Counting...

Until our annual church mission trip. This will be the sixth year in a row I have had the opportunity to lead our church mission trip. Most years my job is purely administrative. Get the people where they need to be, make sure they are fed, have sleeping arrangements, and have the tools to do God's work. This year is slightly different than the past as we are participating in the Southern Baptist World Changers Program. 14 members from our church, youth and adults will travel up to Sioux City, IA on Saturday morning at 6:00 am and spend Monday-Friday doing construction work for low income and elderly residents.

Each mission trip is totally different. I have taken a group of 12 before on a World Changers trip and I've taken 40 church members to Denver Colorado and every place in between with every size group. Part of me is really looking forward to the trip this year. We are taking our 26 passenger van which I do not have a license to drive so thankfully our van driver is going on the trip and he will make the drive. Since we are doing World Changers I'm not in charge of sleeping arrangements, food, or any other aspect except to make sure our kids and adults behave. We have a great group going and I have no worries about any of that. It should be a refreshing time for me. I always feel like I get way more out of mission trips than I put in. I never understood that until I went on one. For some reason though this year to be honest I'm strugggling. I can't pinpoint it but something just isn't right with me. I'm almost scared putting this out there since many of the participants read this blog. It's nothing with the trip itself it's just all I've got going on. For starters I've got some physical ailment, nothing major just a yucky feeling the past couple of weeks with a fever at times and other cold symptoms. It could purely be a cold, who knows. I am CONSIDERING going to the doctor tomorrow just to get it checked out. It could possibly be stress related from the car drama but that should have passed. Aviator is on its way to be sold and that will hopefully happen in the next couple of weeks. Work is really busy right now too with a lot of projects going on. I'm sure it will all get done on time but it still stresses me to leave it unfinished. I also hate to leave Sarah and the kids behind for a week without me. They will survive I know but it will be rough at times I'm sure. Just an FYI on the kids I've decided on a nickname of Big Mac for Malachi. He's big, name is Malachi, and he eats cheeseburgers now, works for me. Anway I just ask for your prayers for our trip and for me that I get it in gear. I always go through the anxiety at some point and come up with a million reasons why I need to stay behind and once the bus pulls out it all goes away. I'm sure that will happen this time, I just need to make it until then. Who knows, maybe I'll sleep part of the way there?

No comments:

Post a Comment