Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sold and Heading Home Soon



The Aviator is sold! To the dear friend who helped with it and reads this blog, thank you. Words can't say how much I appreciate your help. There are few people in life who you know will help you out whenever they can. This person is one of those people. This person would be willing to help no question asked and I would return the favor with no questions asked. The Aviator experience has taught us a lot of lessons, the primary one realizing how much bondage there is in debt. We are ready to stop being in debt and God willing we will never have a car payment again. We are almost done paying off the red SUV and after that we are going to try and pay cash for all purchases. At my conference today we had a very interesting speaker on the state of the economy. The basic point from all speakers was times are changing and spending patterns are going to have to change. My generation is used to what we want when we want it. If our parents have it we think we should have it, no matter how long or hard our parents worked. I look back at all my ridiculous purchases with a pay later attitude and realize how foolish those purchases were. Why I'm still paying for those choices, literally, I hope that going forward I do a better job of where I spend my money. Easy credit isn't going to be available. The speaker even said that going forward people are going to, gasp, have to have 20% for a down payment, or a least a reasonable amount. Having 20% for a down payment is unheard of for my generation.

We head back from Destin tomorrow. The air conditioning in our van has really caused problems. It's altered our plans every day and unfortunately they are not able to fix it. Supposedly the part is in Minn. and will take several days to get here. I do NOT understand that. Have they ever heard of Fed Ex? I offered, well I offered on behalf of my company, to basically pay any amount to get it here by tomorrow morning but they refused. To be honest driving home 13 hours with no air conditioning in the dead of summer sucks. There's no other word for it. Part of me wants to blame someone or find someone who did something wrong, but it's truly a freak accident. They say a rock flew up and put three little holes in the condensor. Even though I don't understand that, two independent mechanics have said that is what happened so I believe them. But, as I said to someone earlier today if all I have to worry about is driving 13 hours with no a/c I've got it pretty good. There are much bigger fish to worry about. We are leaving here around 10:00 tomorrow morning and are going to TRY and drive straight through with a few quick stops built in. Hopefully we'll be home around midnight or one and can sleep in our nice a/c at our house. Pray for us that we make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment