Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What have we been up to...

First off we had a great weekend. It was the first time that I can remember in a long time that Sarah wasn't working or we didn't have anything planned. It was truly a day for us to do what we wanted. We kept busy running errands and doing stuff around the house. Saturday evening we had some new friends come over. It was a couple that we know them from our work places. I work with the husband and the couple both get their hair done at Sarah's salon. They came over and we had dinner and talked until 12:30 that night. It was hard to get up to go to church. We also found out that three doors down is a co worker who I work with and am actually working on a big project with. What a small world.

Sunday was a great Fathers day. We went to church, ate Mexican (my choice) and then took a four hour nap. The kids slept most of that and Sarah let me sleep until it was time to go to church. It was wonderful. That was our weekend.

This week is crazy busy as next week I am going to a work conference in Destin Florida and the family is tagging along. We are leaving Saturday early afternoon and hopefully get eight to nine hours in that day. Then heading to Destin Sunday morning and staying in Destin until Wednesday afternoon. We'll drive back Wednesday/Thursday unless we just see something we have to do and then we'll take an extra day. We are looking forward to some relaxing time at the beach.

In the mean time though it's hard to get away from work and the house for a week. I've got a ton going on at work which makes it even harder to get away and we have a lot going on at church that we need to get ironed out this week before we head out. The weekend we get back is our last service in our current santuary at church and the next weekend we move into our new sanctuary. Exciting times!

My H20 only challenge is slowly making progress. I'm down to no more than 2 diet cokes a day which is a huge improvement. I've also picked up my exercising. In the last 24 hours I have played full court basketball for 1.5 hours, ran three miles, and played a softball game. Not bad if I don't say so myself. Tonight was my debut as short stop and probably my last time as well. I was 3-3 tonight with 2 RBI's, made a couple of plays in the field, no errors in the field, and all in all played a decent game in a 7-3 win.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment