Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Crisis Avoided...

Had a mini crisis inside Walgreens this evening before our softball game. Just in case you are wondering we lost and it was pretty ugly. I'm ok with it. If it's a blow out either way I chill, those close games, they get me. I do feel sorry for our intern who slid about 10 feet away from home plate and then I yelled at her to get up and crawl across home because the catcher missed it. She scored and all is well. Anyway, back to the crisis. Some of you who know me well might know that I am a germaphobe. That may or may not be the right spelling but hey, it's my blog, like it or leave it, literally. I hate germs of all kind. I have lots of hand sanitizer and am very careful about food I eat and where I drink from. I will still not drink from my own tap after living here a year and a half, I dread church dinners just because I have to try and figure out who brought what, I will only eat from kitchens I trust, and I am VERY particular about my toothbrush. So much so that when I got on long trips, specifically mission trips or our trip to Ethiopia that I always buy a pack of disposable toothbrushes. I use them ONCE, with BOTTLED water and then proceed to throw them out. The very thought of using a sink I don't know about to wash my toothbrush completely grosses me out. Well before Ethiopia I bought a lot of disposable toothbrushes at Walgreens noticing they were on clearance. We used them all up in Ethiopia, but I should have put two and two together with them being on clearance. They DON'T CARRY THEM ANYMORE. I also can no longer find brushups so I was very concerned about what to do and spent about five minutes pacing the toothrush/toothpast aisle at Wal Greens with the staff watching me. Finally I saw a pack of 6 toothbrushes with toothpaste for $5. I figured I will take those and use them the first six mornings and the last morning I will just use lots of gum. I was VERY concerned for a few minutes. I came close to spending $20 on a toothbrush sanitizer:) In my defense though, using a sink with 125 junior high and high school boys is pretty nasty by day two or three. Some people MIGHT remember the infamous Wal Mart run but I won't go into detail!

Until tomorrow...

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment