Thursday, June 4, 2009

Am I obsessive compulsive?

Am I obsessive compulsive? I've been told at different times in my life I am and tonight I'm having a bit of a crisis. I had been planning to take a certain book on the mission trip to read on the way up there, at night, and on the way home. Truth be told I'll get a chapter read on the way up there and never pick it up again but that is beside the point. I KNOW that I own this book and I KNOW that it is in my house but I can NOT find it. I am NOT a person who loses stuff. Whenever I can't find something I have momentary falling apart but almost always find what I am looking for eventually. There are three things that come to mind that I have spent HOURS looking for throughout my life only to never fine. 1. High school class ring. I have NO idea where this went. It went on my black and white striped comforter when I was in high school after a basketball game only to never be found again. We were so desperate we called a 900 psychic line. Yes, you read that correctly. After hours of endless searching we never found it. It was only a $50 deductible to get another one but it did not feel the same after that. It's hard to replace the original. 2. A blue lead pencil at BKD a few years ago. A few readers might remember this episode but it was on a deadline day when everything was finished that I realized that I had misplaced a blue lead pencil. Realize while it was an "expensive" lead pencil it was less than $10. I basically made the entire tax department spend a couple of hours looking for it only to come up short. I bet the time report people loved that unassigned time. 3. Wow Worship Red CD Volume 1. This REALLY bothers me. I probably spent a total of 20 hours searching my house high and low looking for this CD. I accused Sarah of taking it but she denied it, I'm still not conviced she wasn't involved in it being misplaced. I never did find that CD but I did wind up buying another copy but now I have two volume twos. Who needs that. All of those three things really eat at me that I could never find them. This book may join those ranks. I will continue to look. I'm going to run errands tomorrow and will just buy another copy if I can't find it but it has to be here somewhere. This is the type of thing that will keep me awake at night.

Just a side note I feel better. Still not 100% but much improvement. Hopefully I'll feel great at 4:00 am tomorrow morning when the alarm goes off and I head to church to load up for the mission trip.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the blue lead pencil. You were always losing your pencils and I could usually find them for you. I bet that missing pencil is stuck in some file in storage somewhere.

    And yes, I stand by this comment today and everyday, you are obcessive compulsive. No doubt about it. But that's what makes you Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to clarify I was "misplacing" my pencil not losing my pencil all the time as you say:) The blue one was the only one that I was never able to track down. Where or where could it have gone...

    ReplyDelete